Subject: Re: 1.4X install: / fills up
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/14/2000 16:11:28
In message <20000414170511.A7140@noc.untraceable.net>, Andrew Brown writes:
>/tmp fills up.  when i did this last, i just waited until it crashed,
>killed sysinst, rm -rf'ed /tmp, and did a ln -s /mnt /tmp.

Makes sense.

>you end up using the ram disk for scratch space until the first
>partition is mounted, and then you get to use that.  presumably you
>have more disk space on the harddisk than you do on the ramdisk.  :)

I should hope so.

Anyway, I'm gonna have a CD in a little bit with more scratch space on the
disk.  *sigh*.

BTW, BSD/OS has a cool trick where the ramdisk image can be a separate
(optionally compressed) file, and the size of ramdisk can be specified by
flags at the Boot: prompt; we might want to look at this as a way to make
the install kernels a little less tricky.

-s