Subject: Re: 1.4X install: / fills up
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/14/2000 17:05:11
>The root filesystem is ~1500k, and fills up during the newfs phase.  Am I
>missing something obvious?
>
>I'm building a new bootfloppy-big with a 2880k ramdisk, but I doubt this is
>a "correct" solution.  What's the deal?

/tmp fills up.  when i did this last, i just waited until it crashed,
killed sysinst, rm -rf'ed /tmp, and did a ln -s /mnt /tmp.

you end up using the ram disk for scratch space until the first
partition is mounted, and then you get to use that.  presumably you
have more disk space on the harddisk than you do on the ramdisk.  :)

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|