Subject: Re: LFS
To: IWAMOTO Toshihiro <iwamoto@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
From: Hans-Christian Becker <hcb@phc.chalmers.se>
List: current-users
Date: 04/14/2000 17:13:41
>Does anyone have a stable LFS partition?
>I've been trying to use LFS recently, but from my experience,
>LFS has a very short MTBF, ranging from hours to weeks.
Aaargh! I have (recently) put everything except / on LFS because of
the performance gain. I was under the impression that LFS was OK in
-current, but I never really got that confirmed. I *do* know that
once you get corruption you are (literally!) fscked. I have gotten fs
corruption, but that was due to my being brain-dead. Do you mean that
the fs corrupts itself, without luser intervention? In that case,
maybe the paragraph describing LFS on
http://www.netbsd.org/Misc/features.html#filesystems should be
rewritten. From the 'features' page, I was actually lead to believe
that LFS was in a useful state.
Hmmm. Maybe time to "down-grade" to FFS (with soft updates?)
Hans-Christian

--
Dr. Hans-Christian Becker (hcb@phc.chalmers.se)
Department of Physical Chemistry