Subject: Re: Problems tracking -current with anoncvs ("could not chdir")
To: Ted Lemon <>
From: Rick Byers <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/13/2000 15:02:54
It's CVS 1.10.  But it doesn't "leave empty subdirectories" either.  It
just creates them, and then promptly removes them.  The problem is it can't
create the directory because a regular file exists by the same name.

I may just try to hack CVS so that it doesn't even attempt to create
directories that are empty on the repository if both -d and -P are
specified.  I'm not sure how easy that'll be though.

Ted Lemon wrote:
> What version of cvs are you running?   On my system, cvs update -dP
> does not leave any empty subdirectories.
>                                _MelloN_

Rick Byers                       University of Waterloo, Computer Science