Subject: Re: com_cardbus.c
To: Johan Danielsson <>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/13/2000 10:43:12 (Johan Danielsson) writes:
> I committed a driver for serial devices on cardbus cards. If you have
> a card that might work with this (the most common case would be an
> ethernet + modem cardbus card), please try it out.

I've mentioned this before:

is _NOT_ an adequate test to determine if a card works in the way
you're expecting it to work, at least for the PCI equivalent

If you can find a single shred of documentation which says it is for
cardbus or PCI, i'd love to see it.

COMMUNICATONS/MODEM does what you want, for interfaces 1-4 (the 16x50
compatible ones), but COMMUNICATIONS/SERIAL DOES NOT and should not be
used in this way unless you've got some documentation which actually
states that it should.

Chris Demetriou - -