Subject: com_cardbus.c
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
List: current-users
Date: 04/13/2000 18:32:22
Hi folks,

I committed a driver for serial devices on cardbus cards. If you have
a card that might work with this (the most common case would be an
ethernet + modem cardbus card), please try it out.

Currently I have 1 1/2 good data points: Darren Reed claims that it
works with his Xircom modem, and I can almost get my modem (Intel
PRO/100 II) to work (it works but it's *very* slow, I haven't yet
figured out what might be wrong).

If you're lucky, it'll just work. If not you might have to tell it how
to access the modem registers.

Of special interest are reports from people with real serial ports,
funny modems (the Ositech `Jack of Spades' seems to have an ugly hack
in the Linux driver), and serial devices that doesn't work at all.

/Johan