Subject: Re: Lucent WaveLan does not work for me
To: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 04/12/2000 10:22:03
On Tue, Apr 11, 2000 at 05:08:05PM -0400, Bill Sommerfeld wrote:
> Most likely there's a conflict in that range (they seem to be fairly
> common on some laptops); try playing with the PCIC_ISA_ALLOC_IOBASE
> and PCIC_ISA_ALLOC_IOSIZE config options (or patching the kernel
> globals pcic_isa_alloc_iobase and pcic_isa_alloc_iosize).

Also make sure to set the BIOS up correctly for the ISA memory hole
(see my message in response to Peter Seebach's ray0 problem).

> We should probably arrange to reserve ranges mentioned by pnpbios so
> they don't get dynamically allocated...

I wrote the code to do that for iomem, it's trivial to add io ports
as well. I didn't commit it because my pnp bios actually didn't
have complete info, or so it seemed, but I guess I should commit it..

- Frank