Subject: Re: sdXX matching wrong
To: Kevin Sullivan <ksulliva@psc.edu>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 04/11/2000 21:19:47
According to Kevin Sullivan:

>Well, of course, but I don't have any drives at that target.  I'm just
>reserving it so that the "sd" number equals "bus*8 + target".  It is much
>easier doing this when you have many SCSI busses, and it avoids the "sd3
>and sd4 just became sd4 and sd5, so /var/spool/news won't mount" problem.

nailing down your drives _is_ a sensible thing to do...

>Any other ideas?

do you still have a:

sd* at scsibus? .......

line in your config?  The matching is supposed to do the nailed down
devices first but maybe there is a problem.

> Where is the code that does the matching?

At a guess I would say in scsipiconf.c.  You may want to add the
SCSIDEBUG option to your kernel config and have a look at what that
returns.