Subject: Re: The new rc.d stuff...
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 04/10/2000 19:41:26
According to Greywolf:

>The rc.conf battle is worth fighting for me.  Did my suggestions toward
>it make sense?  i.e.

It makes sense to me I mean that is what we have with shell logins
anyway, you have a global default like /etc/profile that can be
overridden by the individual - I know this is not exactly the same
thing but I believe the philosophy holds true.  Why not just have a
variable that sets the behaviour, something like RC_CONF_OVERRIDES
where "yes" would have rc.conf as the holder of the conf information,
if "no" the rc.conf stuff can be overridden.