Subject: PPTP client now in pkgsrc
To: None <,>
From: John Kohl <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/09/2000 22:40:50
>>>>> "JTK" == John Kohl <> writes:

>>>>> "Greywolf" == Greywolf  <> writes:
Greywolf> What I was looking for was some way of doing a PPTP _client_.
Greywolf> Do we have such a beast right now?

JTK> Argh, I've been very lame.  I got the linux pptp stuff working (sans
JTK> encryption) a long time ago but never pkg-ized it.  I haven't tried
JTK> using it lately so I don't know if it's gone stale.
JTK> I can try to find some time to hack on it in the next couple of
JTK> weeks....

Well, I finally got semi-unlame.  I committed a PPTP package just now
(net/pptp) which does non-encrypted PPTP _client_ just fine.  My
company's PPTP server doesn't seem to work properly using it with the
ppp-mppe package and MPPE turned on, but I'll keep working on this.

Anybody know much about MPPE and GRE and could help debug the problems?

==John Kohl <>, <>
Home page: <>
Bicycling and Skiing to keep fit.