Subject: Re: mount question
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Geoff Wing <mason@primenet.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 04/09/2000 13:57:12
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr> typed:
:On Sat, Apr 08, 2000 at 11:32:41PM +0100, Scott Aaron Bamford wrote:
:> I was looking over the man pages for the various mount_* that we have and i
:> have some questions (i'm soon to repartion my system which is why i was
:> looking).
:> 1) Is mount_lfs stable enough for everyday/production use?
:I use it every day on my home system, but there are still a few bugs that
:could hurt on a production system I think (the system goes fool when the
:filesystem is full for example).

And if it gets corrupted you can get into a situation where it panics,
system reboots, fscks, lfs gets mounted, panics within 1 second, repeat .....

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing : <gcw@pobox.com>     Work URL: http://www.primenet.com.au/
Rxvt Stuff : <gcw@rxvt.org>      Ego URL : http://pobox.com/~gcw/