Subject: proposed rc.conf fragment
To: BSD Current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/08/2000 18:52:13
We're going to have something of an rc.conf anyway to set up how things
should proceed, so how about (for starters):

--- rc.conf ---
#
# rc.conf:  Set preferences for rc execution.
#
prefer_rc=true	# rc.conf params override rc.d/*.conf
warn_diff=true	# Warn if rc.conf params differ from rc.d/*.conf
rc_absent_ok=true	# rc.d/*.conf OK if params not present in rc.conf

I don't have mechanics worked out for the stuff in rc.subr just yet
-- that will have to wait until my major project at work is done :-)

...or someone else can carry on the concept.  I'm just trying to get
this going so that the concept of being able to select a global conf
or individual conf files doesn't die.

Different var names are welcome, but it's important that we can pick
which scheme to use.

				--*greywolf;
--
BSD: Power Your Net.