Subject: mount question
To: None <>
From: Scott Aaron Bamford <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/08/2000 23:32:41
I was looking over the man pages for the various mount_* that we have and i
have some questions (i'm soon to repartion my system which is why i was

1) Is mount_lfs stable enough for everyday/production use?

2) I have the dirs

on one file system and the rest of the /usr under a differnt filesystem. How
would anyone recomend i it up so all these dirs apear under /usr as well as
usrs current dirs (i though mount_union would do it but the man page descrouaged
me)? and is it worth doing or is a mount on /usr/source with symlinks the `best'
solution? (mount_null could be used on each dir, but then your talking quite a
few mountpoints).

3) the man page for mount_ntfs says that read/write support is untested. has
anyone had any problems with it?

thanks in advance for any replys

 - Scott