Subject: Re: RAID & swap
To: Greg Oster <>
From: Manuel Bouyer <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/07/2000 16:53:09
On Fri, Apr 07, 2000 at 08:47:42AM -0600, Greg Oster wrote:
> It's a known problem.  The swap doesn't get unconfigured, so the swap
> partition never gets unmounted, and so the RAID set never gets a chance to be
> marked 'clean'.  (See PR#kern/8933 )

> > How hard would it be to add a shutdown hook to
> > close the swap device(s) ?
> Well, if it was really easy I'd have it done by now :)

From Audit-trail of PR#8933:
Responsible-Changed-From-To: kern-bug-people->chs
Responsible-Changed-By: chs
Responsible-Changed-When: Wed Dec 1 20:38:31 PST 1999
I'll get the "swapctl -d" code in eventually (hopefully soon
enough for 1.5, even!), which is some of what's required for this.

swapctl -d is here and works now. Is this what you needed ?