Subject: Re: RAID & swap
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/07/2000 09:24:07
I talked with greg about this some more after I put that comment in the PR.
the better idea we came up with was to put a hook in the raidframe code
to disable raidframe devices, basically a force-close kind of thing.
once a given device is disabled, it can resync parity and leave the disk
in a clean state.  this would be called from the reboot code after
unmounting filesystems.  doing it this way avoids the problems with running
out of memory that you'd have with the "swapctl -d" method.

-Chuck