Subject: Re: RAID advice please ?
To: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 04/07/2000 09:15:34
On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 04:30:15PM -0600, Greg Oster wrote:
> Shouldn't be any, other than if you try to do them all at once you'll be
> thrashing all over the disks (assuming you have multiple components (for
> different RAID sets) per disk).. (I've got some ideas on how to solve this

No problems, I have only one RAID set per drive (the raid is eventually
partitionned). Hum, there's doesn't seem to be a way to do the parity rewrite
in baground, other than starting 'raidctl -P' in backgroud. Did I miss
something ?

> (e.g. with a simple script that does the parity re-writes in a user-specified
> order), but havn't had a chance to test anything :( )

An equivalent of 'fsck -a' for all configured raid sets would be cool :)