Subject: Re: sccstorcs?
To: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/05/2000 18:09:07
At 05:08 PM 4/5/00 -0400, Andrew Brown wrote:
>what'd be really neat here is a program that read the sccs files
>directly.  i don't have sccs on my netbsd machine...

You could try out CSSC:

http://www.freshmeat.net/appindex/1998/11/25/912014944.html

I've never used it, but it claims to be a "mostly complete" SCCS clone.

If you felt really ambitious, you could us CSSC's source as a starting
point to making something faster than the current conversion scripts - they
do a full checkout of each revision, but all you really need to do (except
at branchpoints) is grab the diff of each new revision, apply it, and
commit the results to RCS. This could result in a considerable speedup (of
course, if you're only doing it once, then it's no big deal anyway).