Subject: Re: Xircom "Realport" PCMCIA ethernet?
To: Gregory McGarry <>
From: Kjetil B. Thomassen <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/05/2000 14:21:14
On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Gregory McGarry wrote:

> Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 08:37:40 +1000
> From: Gregory McGarry <>
> To: Johan Danielsson <>
> Cc: Secret Asian Man <>,
> Subject: Re: Xircom "Realport" PCMCIA ethernet?
> Johan Danielsson wrote:
> > > states that as of
> > > 21 March the driver is broken... Is that still the case?
> >
> > You mean the one currently in NetBSD? Yes, I think so. I committed
> > that in the belief that I could get access to one of those cards, but
> > that never happened.
> >
> > Does the driver on that page work for you? If so, we should start
> > using it.
> It works fine for me, but I haven't tested all the cards that are
> listed in the code, particularly the 10/100 cards.
> I recommend replacing the NetBSD driver.

If someone can come up with a test kernel for me, I can test this
on my CEM33 on my Compaq LTE 5200.

I can probably also get hold of a few of the others in that series
and test those as wel, as the company I work for has been using
these a lot.

Unless I receive a kernel during the next three hours, I will have
to delay the testing until the weekend (Friday night METDST).

Is there a driver for the modem part as well?

Kjetil B.