Subject: Re: sccstorcs?
To: Grey Wolf <greywolf@siteROCK.com>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/04/2000 11:06:35
At 10:32 PM 4/3/00 -0700, Grey Wolf wrote:

>Hello, all,
>
>I have a collection of files here which we keep under SCCS control for
>the moment.  As we are migrating off the Solaris box onto the Linux
>box, I need something which will convert all the SCCS files to RCS files,
>preserving history (comments).  I'm looking, of course, for that
>legendary (and now apparently mythical) utility "sccstorcs".  I can't
>seem to find it anywhere.
>
>...help?

There's shell script versions in the contrib directory of CVS. You can also
find one here:

    http://www.laine.org/cvs/sccs2rcs.perl

that an officemate did in perl, converted from the original shell scripts.
I used to have a version that would automatically resynchronize an RCS
repository with SCCS from a cron job (by grabbing any new revisions in SCCS
and checking them into RCS), but that got lost when I switched jobs about a
year and a half ago :-( (too bad, because I'd like to have it right now to
use as the basis for converting MS SourceSafe to CVS - has anybody else
ever had the misfortune to be saddled with *that* task???).