Subject: Re: jdk1.2?
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 04/03/2000 21:01:26
At 0:41 Uhr +0200 3.4.2000, Herb Peyerl wrote:
>anyone know the story on jdk1.2 on NetBSD (i386)?  Either native or
>in emulation?  Last I looked, blackdown wasn't able to run under
>COMPAT_LINUX.

I understand that availability of a JDK 1.2 on BSD is blocked by Sun's
"Community License". Essentially, while there is access to the source
(unlike 1.1) you have to sign a licen$e to be able to distribute binaries.

The L*nux camp got a special deal.

See Sun's Java Bug Parade database -- Number One change request by far (got
a few thousand votes) is a JDK 1.2 for *BSD.

BSDI may be able to do something for FreeBSD here; supposedly {Net,Open}BSD
will be left out in the cold.

	hauke