Subject: Re: LiS (Linux Streams) for NetBSD
To: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 04/03/2000 14:03:47
> What is the proper way to detect that NetBSD is the current operating
> system?

I think #ifdef __NetBSD__ (or of course #ifndef if you want the test
the other way around) should work.  That's what I've always used.

(In passing, I'd also note that this question is essentially
unanswerable without also saying what context you want to detect this
from: user at shell prompt, configuration script, C code at compile
time, C code at run time, what?  Fortunately in this case, the example
you gave, which I snipped, made it fairly clear that you want a
compile-time answer.)

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca