Subject: Re: The new rc.d stuff...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 03/28/2000 23:22:22
>> You could make it dependent on variables set in a global conf file.

> No thanks.   That doesn't help at all.  I want the "global conf file"
> to simply go away, while that remains the rc.d job is only half done.

It can never truly go away; the information about what needs to be done
before what under what circumstances has to be kept *somewhere*.  The
most it can do is spread out all over the place so it looks as though
it's gone away because it's not collected together in a single place.

The current rc.d paradigm begins this, by spreading some of that
information out over a bunch of PROVIDES: and REQUIRES: lines scattered
throughout rc.d/*.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca