Subject: Motorola Timeport phone (was: Nokia GSM phones ...)
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: David Carrel <carrel@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/28/2000 16:59:20
> You mean, you just plug the serial cable into the phone, the other end of
> the cable to a NetBSD machine, launch kermit and type "AT" and the 6150
> is supposed to reply with "OK"?
>
> That can't be true.. it would be the first piece of good news this week ;)

My Motorola Timeport (P8167) phone has a serial cable and looks like a
standard modem with AT commands.  It works at 14.4Kbps on the Sprint
network.  I can talk to the phone at DTE speeds up to 38.4 Kbps.

Now if only I could get documentation on how to download the phonebook to
the internal memory via the serial port.  I have WindBlows software to do
that but I don't do WindBlows.  I've started to reverse engineer it, but I
haven't gotten very far.

Dave