Subject: Re: Kodak DC215 downloads
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/28/2000 07:37:21
Thus spake Peter Seebach
> In message <m12ZlK6-000AVlC@druid.net>, D'Arcy J.M. Cain writes:
> >My wife just got a Kodak DC215 Zoom Digital Camera which comes with Windows
> >software for downloading the pictures to the computer.  Is there any software
> >available to download to NetBSD directly so that I don't have to start up my
> >Windows box just to grab the pictures for her or am I stuck?
>
> My camera uses Compact Flash cards, which I've been able to read with one
> of those PCMCIA adapters, using CardBus.  (Depending on the card; some of
> them lock the machine up).
>
> Haven't tried to do it directly.

This camera comes with a little USB device that takes the flash card.
I was wondering if that's going to present a standard enough file
system to mount.  That's actually what it does under Windows but it
does use their proprietary software.  I just wonder whether it would
be worth getting a USB controller card (my system doesn't have USB)
to try it.