Subject: Compaq array controller support
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/21/2000 13:53:11
Hi. I've rececently committed a driver for Compaq array controllers. cac(4)
handles the controller and ca(4) handles the arrays.

- It's not well tested. On the hardware front, I have tested only with a
  Smart Array 221, however the following boards *should* work:

  SMART-2/E, SMART-2/P, SMART-2SL, Smart Array 3100, Smart Array 3100ES,
  Smart Array 221, Integrated Array, Smart Array 4200, Smart Array 4200ES.

- I haven't enabled it on anything other than i386. This is temporary.

- It doesn't support anything other than PCI boards right now. If the
  hardware is out there and I'm asked I'll see what I can hack up.

- I loose access to this hardware in about a week. If folks have the kit
  and could try it sooner rather than later, I'd appreciate it.

Enjoy, and may the force be upon you.