Subject: Re: The new rc.d stuff.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, simonb@netbsd.org>
From: None <alexis@panix.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/20/2000 04:17:02
simonb@netbsd.org (Simon Burge) writes:
>One thing I've thought about every now and then is should there be an
>argument to ps to only list commands where the command name matches a
>certain argument.  I guess this is really only one step away from an
>skill/killall...

What I really miss is the ability to do "ps t\?", the way you can in SunOS.
It's a great way to find certain problem processes. (Since NetBSD understands
revoked device permissions, "ps t-" would be cool too.)

I spent about 5 minutes looking at the ps code a couple months ago. Got as
far as the options processing before I was yanked away to deal with some
stupidity or other. At this rate I'll forget how to even *spell* "C" by the
time I'm 35. :-(

/a