Subject: Re: Netpliance Iopener booted with NetBSD...
To: Roger Brooks <R.S.Brooks@liverpool.ac.uk>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 03/16/2000 18:59:45
On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 04:54:59PM +0000, Roger Brooks wrote:
> I've just spoken to Dave Tyson -- we might be interested in one each
> (depending on price), provided that it would work on our electricity
> (240V, 50Hz).  We are both in the process of wiring our respective
> houses for ethernet, and the Iopener looks like it would make a neat
> portable terminal.
>
> But if it's 110V only, that would be a show-stopper.

I'm afraid it may be 110 V only (especially if it was designed for the US
market only).  If the power supply outputs a single +5 V voltage, it would
be easy to find an alternative solution for the power supply - if there
are multiple voltages (like 2.8 V or 3.3 V) used, things get more
complicated.

Anyway, for $99, I want one, no matter what. ;)

  -jm