Subject: Re: where did the card go?
To: None <sitongia@uswest.net>
From: John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.arlington.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 03/15/2000 21:29:25

LS> ne2 at pcmcia0 function 0 port 0x340-0x34f port 0x350-0x35f
LS> ne2: Linksys EthernetCard or D-Link DE-650 Ethernet
LS> ne: where did the card go?

LS> So I loaded up the kernel sources and built a new kernel, which comes
LS> out to 1.4U, and the same problem exists.

LS> I can see in the driver source where the message is, in the attach.
LS> What's wrong with this on the Libretto, considering that it works
LS> right on the Portege?

This used to happen a while ago if the PCMCIA controller didn't decode
bus port addresses with the same number of bits as the Portege.  Try
fiddling with PCIC_ISA_ALLOC_IOBASE (set it in your config file to
something).  (I looked at the code just now in i82365_isasubr.c, and it
seems to try some bus port address line width detection, but maybe it
gets it wrong on your laptop?)

--
==John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.arlington.ma.us>, <john_kohl@alum.mit.edu>
Home page: <http://people.ne.mediaone.net/jtk/>