Subject: where did the card go?
To: Current NetBSD <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Leonard Sitongia <sitongia@uswest.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/15/2000 18:51:42
I'm back to this, on a different laptop.  Following the recommendations
from this list, I got 1.4T going on my Toshiba Portege 3110 and my
Linksys Combo EthernetCard (10base2 and T is the combo) works on that.
Now I've installed 1.4T on my Toshiba Libretto 50CT, and I get the
message in the Subject, namely,

ne2 at pcmcia0 function 0 port 0x340-0x34f port 0x350-0x35f
ne2: Linksys EthernetCard or D-Link DE-650 Ethernet
ne: where did the card go?

So I loaded up the kernel sources and built a new kernel, which comes
out to 1.4U, and the same problem exists.

I can see in the driver source where the message is, in the attach.
What's wrong with this on the Libretto, considering that it works
right on the Portege?

Why are there ne0 and ne1 config lines in the kernel config, and
then why does the device come up as ne2?

BTW, I forgot to define the labels for the partitions in the
install, for the MBR, and now the screen is blank at boot up.
I just type CR for the active partition, but how can I got back
and define labels and see some type of selectability at the boot
screen?  I've looked at fdisk and mbr man pages, but I don't
see where the label information is kept.

TIA!
==Leonard Sitongia
   sitongia@uswest.net
   http://www.users.uswest.net/~sitongia/