Subject: Re: GCC 2.95.2
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
List: current-users
Date: 03/15/2000 21:14:28
On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Hauke Fath wrote:

> At 17:07 Uhr +0100 13.3.2000, Krister Walfridsson wrote:
> >On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Urban Boquist wrote:
> >> But what about the C++ problem reported in PR 8465?
> >>
> >> I think it would be a shame if NetBSD-1.5 (at least on i386) shipped a
> >> toolchain that can not even compile the simplest C++ program (if it
> >> uses exceptions).
> >It's on my list of PR's I'll try to fix before NetBSD-1.5 is shipped.
>
> Could you take a look at bin/9369, too, please? (m68k / Mozilla)

The problem with internal compiler errors is that you really need to
understand what is happening to solve them (since the assert usually
is triggered several optimization steps after the actual bug) or else
you may introduce some nasty problems in the code generation. This is
especially true if MI code is involved...

And I have some other (what I think) more important problems to solve
before I'll try to fix bin/9369... So I don't think I'm going to fix
it anytime soon...

   /Krister