Subject: XFree on Intel i810 chipset
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: IWAMOTO Toshihiro <iwamoto@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 03/15/2000 20:40:19
About a week ago, I ported i810 support LKM code for Linux which is
present in XFree 3.3.6 to NetBSD. Though I tested only with i810E and
is not heavily tested, it seems to be working fine unless you try to
modunload the LKM. (I didn't try to fix this bug. ;-)
I've put the code at

	http://www.sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~iwamoto/comp/i810lkm.tar.gz

for those who are interested in.

Unfortunately, the above LKM device will not work with XFree 4 due to
device interface changes. Though it should be trivial to make the LKM
work with XFree 4, I haven't tried yet.

It seems that the Linux support code seems to have disappeared in
XFree 4, and the driver code is distributed with Linux kernel. The
device driver distributed with Linux kernel seems to have support for
various AGP chipsets other than i810, though I don't know usefulness
of such AGP support code.

Will someone try to make i810 work with XFree 4?
If not so, I may possibly hack the lkm code in some future.

--
IWAMOTO Toshihiro