Subject: Re: Netpliance Iopener booted with NetBSD...
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <tm_wanka@earthling.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/15/2000 17:13:29
On 13 Mar 2000, at 10:00, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

> So, maybe what we should do is start producing a 16M flash image
> suitable
> for use as an iOpener root fs with the normal distribution :-)

Hi,

when looking for an affordable NC I somehow stumbled over the ST-
5535 from Min Ho. It should sell for about 150,-- USD. It is based on
the CyrixMediaGXL with VGA, audio, 100TX on board, up to 128MB
ram and supports up to 64MB code Prom. As they currently do not
have an OS for it a 16MB image was nice to start with. By the way,
what was needed for an X-Terminal? There is a german company
that gets ICA, RDP, CDS, an X11R6 WM, Netscape communicator
4.6 with JVM and E-Mail into a 16MB flash rom (they use a linux
kernel). I am working to get one or two samples of the ST-5535 into
my hands to do some research. For additional information goto
http://www.supertek.com.tw/Product/index.htm

mike