Subject: Re: Netpliance Iopener booted with NetBSD...
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/15/2000 00:22:20
--------------D4938FE4A2527AF2AD721A4E

Andrew Gillham wrote:

> Currently the USB Ethernet is not ideal as
> the attach is deferred until *after* the root filesystem mount.  So I
> am currently using memory disk as the root.  I haven't really done much
> other than grab the dmesg output and ftp it out over the USB Ethernet.
> NFS mounting over the USB Ethernet seems ok for the moment, but I am still
> in single-user and not doing much.

I've made a small change that should make the Ethernet adapter be discovered
early enough to use as root device.

--

        -- Lennart

--------------D4938FE4A2527AF2AD721A4E

Andrew Gillham wrote:
So I
done much
still
I've made a small change that should make the Ethernet adapter be discovered
<pre>--&nbsp;

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -- Lennart</pre>
&nbsp;</html>

--------------D4938FE4A2527AF2AD721A4E--