Subject: Re: XFree 4.0
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/12/2000 22:25:43
On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

# > On a side note, I was wondering if anybody ever had problems with it
# > killing the console on exit. It seems to happen to me when I shut down the
# > X server while there's heavy disk activity going on, the console doesn't
# > return to text mode and I'm left with an image of X on the screen. I can
# > login via ssh to the box and start X from there, and X still works but the
# > console never returns to its' state. I'm using the ati driver with a 2 meg
# > PCI ATI 3D Rage II+DVD.
#
# Exactly the same happens for me on 1.4.2.

I get this only occasionally; I find it happens much less frequently
if I don't configure in XKB support during the xf86config phase.

[that and the xkb support keeps losing key state change events, i.e.
transitions between depressed and released.]

# Microsoft: "Where do you want to go today?"
# Linux:     "Where do you want to be tomorrow?"
# BSD:       "Are you guys coming, or what?"

I just about _died_ laughing when I saw this in a photo of the FreeBSD
booth!

				--*greywolf;
--
BSD: a server in every port.