Subject: Re: USB fails on Alpha?
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 03/12/2000 23:54:15
[port-alpha dropped for lack of relevance]

<seebs@plathora.net> (Peter Seebach) writes:

> In message <mtupuszyct8.fsf@contents-vnder-pressvre.mit.edu>, Nathan J. William
> s writes:
> >ugen0: SanDisk USB SSFDC , rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2
>
> Is this that little CF reader?  I'd *LOVE* to see one of those supported,
> although I guess I can just use CardBus - most of the time.  I have a couple
> of cards that lock my system up.

Little SmartMedia reader, actually; that's what my digital camera
takes. It looks very much like the physical case has a CF-size slot
with a spacer in it with a SmartMedia slot, so the case is the same
product. I'm not sure about the electronics, since "SSFDC" is "Solid
State Floppy Disk Card", the old name for SmartMedia, and so it
identifies as SmartMedia-specific.

I would like to get a driver going for this, but I'm not yet familiar
enough with USB to even know how much documentation I have to find....

        - Nathan