Subject: upgraded to -current! Now how to use a.out legacy?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: David W. Talmage <talmage@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: current-users
Date: 03/09/2000 17:22:47
I've searched the archives and the rest of the NetBSD web site for the answer
to this.  All I can find is a proposal for a.out-to-ELF migration, some little
discussion that seems to end in February '00, and a How-To that assumes that
I'm upgrading from source code.

How to I tell my -current box to use the a.out legacy libraries?  I have
COMPAT_AOUT in my kernel.

I tried to start emacs and it complained about an a.out termcap or some such,
so I uninstalled emacs and tried to rebuild it in pkgsrc only to discover that
gmake no longer runs because of some a.out lib.