Subject: Re: NetBSD-current resets
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 03/08/2000 15:35:13
On Wed, Mar 08, 2000 at 03:13:08PM -0500, Andrew Gillham wrote:

> Do you have a specific test case that blows up?  I have no difficulties
> (currently!) running 'make build' repeatedly, etc.

No... Last time I tried it, I didn't actually get into startup scripts.
Disks mounted, and stuff exploded. Without taking a breath, I turned
the system off, swapped in the two smaller PC100 sticks, and rebooted --
same kernel, no crash. I built a new kernel from the same sources, but
without softdep, swapped in the bigger SIMMs, and saw no crash.

Sometime soon I'm going to try softdep again, but I only want to have
one serious problem at a time, and right now that's ifconfig, alas. :)

--
    Mason Loring Bliss  mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  They also surf who
awake ? sleep : dream;  http://acheron.ne.mediaone.net  only stand on waves.