Subject: ahc update II
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Frank van der Linden <email@example.com>
Date: 03/08/2000 11:53:38
There is an updated version of the new ahc driver in
Changes since last time:
* Avoid racecondition where non-tagged commands could overlap,
resulting in errors and timeouts.
* The EISA and VL/ISA frontends were updated for the new driver,
by Noriyuki Soda. The EISA frontend is untested.
Please also note that there is one patch in the tarfile that needs to be
applied; the rest is still just files that can be dropped into -current.
* A timeout while probing a non-existing lun was reported,
which did not occur with the previous version of the driver.
* Lots of stray interrupts on an alpha, source currently unknown.
What I hope people can test:
* the EISA frontend
* the cardbus frontend
* dual channel controllers (e.g. 7895, 7896)
Thanks to all the people who have tested it so far,