Subject: Re: proposed pax changes (was Big problems with snapshot/20000226, part 1)
To: Tim Walls <tim.walls@pa.press.net>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/06/2000 17:21:50
> Can I just add (a probably not necessary) cautionary note here - please
> remember machines without much memory!!!

At the moment the issue is how to get things working again period, not
how to get them working under battle conditions.

> I think basically what I think I'm (not very clearly) trying to say
> is, if anything more is going to get loaded into RAM for installation,
> can we do it _after_ the swap partition has been created & mounted please?

Ah, SunOS miniroot style. I keep coming back to the SunOS installation
CD as the platonic ideal form for elegant unix installation systems.

Floppy swap partition!! Yee hah!

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com