Subject: rc.conf (was Re: wireless / dhcp)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 03/06/2000 12:33:16
> [...] were configurable via settings in rc.conf [...]

I recently set up a couple of systems from a fairly recent source tree,
and I've got two comments about rc.conf:

(1) Why rc.local.conf instead of rc.conf.local?  It's localized
    additions to rc.conf, not a config file for rc.local.

(2) When are we going to be able to stop having to hack on /etc/rc to
    get it to stop torching /tmp on every boot?!  Yes, blowing away
    /tmp is a reasonable way to want to run a system - but so is *not*
    blowing away /tmp, or at least not on every boot.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca