Subject: Re: Intel EtherExpress 16 cards
To: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/05/2000 11:31:05
Bob Nestor writes:

> I take it this is done with some program under Windows?  There aren't any
> jumpers on the board and the guy we bought them from told us to pull the
> boot ROMs if we were going to use them with a disk based OS.
> Unfortunately they didn't come with any software.

You want to find 'SOFTSET', or 'SOFTSET2' from Intel's ftp/web site.
It is a DOS program that allows you to reconfigure the EEPROM settings.
As someone else noted, you really need to configure the card to the
exact settings the driver expects.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.