Subject: Big problems with snapshot/20000226, part 2
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Hoffman <phoffman@proper.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/02/2000 08:38:29
I installed 1.4.1 from CD-ROM. I then ftp'd the sets from
snapshot/20000226/binary/sets, went to /, and untarred each of them. No
problems, or so it seems.

The reboot goes well until rc. Two bad things happen:

- In the messages, it says:
      creating runtime link editor directory cache.
      ldconfig:
libm.so.0    machdep.fpu_present   1:libm387.so.0,libm.so.0: No such file
or directory
The rest of the messages look fine, and it is clear that even the Internet
connection worked because sendmail comes up quickly.

- I try to login at the login: prompt, and it says:
      Shared object "libkrb5.so.1" not found
And takes me back to the login prompt. That is, I can't log in. <sigh>

So, I force a reboot into single-user mode, fsck (with no errors reported),
and mount / and /usr. In /usr/lib/, I see that libm.so.0 exists as a link
to libm.so.0.1, which is there. libm387.so.0 exists as a link to
libm387.s0.0.0, which is there.

libkrb5.so.1 was *not* there. As an experiment, I created
/usr/lib/libkrb5.so.1 with "touch" and rebooted. The same symtom: it says
"Shared object "libkrb5.so.1" not found".

Am I hosed? If I can get these files on a floppy, I can get them to the
system, but otherwise I'm going to have to wipe and use a different snapshot.