Subject: Re: ^W killed my line
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 03/02/2000 01:30:43
> Ignoring all this, I take it that it's not something strange that I'm
> doing and other people also see ^W act like kill and not werase?

You're not alone; I see it too.

Since these days most of my input-line-editing consists of sh with "set
-o emacs" in effect, where I don't use EOF often, this is the most
annoying single case, for me, of line editing ignoring stty settings.
So far it's just annoying, not serious, because it happens only when I
explicitly turn on line editing - losing word-erase is a price I know
I'm paying for getting the rest of line editing.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca