Subject: Re: ^W killed my line
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 03/02/2000 01:10:47
>> editline should be fixed to honour stty settings. I'll try to do
>> something with this in a few days.

Whether I think this is good depends on what you mean by it.

I'm not convinced you want it to do anything in particular with stty
settings when editing is turned on...though arguably if they don't
conflict with characters with other meaning it might be nice to pick
them up.

When editing hasn't been turned on, it should act just like the tty
driver; indeed, I see no reason it shouldn't actually let the tty
driver do it - making userland honor all the relevant bits correctly
would not be trivial to get right.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca