Subject: Re: ^W killed my line
To: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/29/2000 19:21:50
Olaf Seibert writes:
> On Tue 29 Feb 2000 at 15:50:19 -0500, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> > Someone at that time even experimented with putting an output
> > "pager" in the tty driver, but thankfully that was removed before it
> > spread too far....
>
> The V7 system I used had that, yes. It was quite convenient.

Hey, if someone would just write some SNA code, we could hook 3174
controllers to our NetBSD boxes, and then our 3270 terminals would
have builtin pagers also!!  Whoopee!  Where's my clear key?
Wow, I think someone beat me to it, look at pkgsrc/misc/fep.  That
has got to be a Front End Processor implementation.

Ok, enough silliness from me. :-)

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.