Subject: Re: 'readline.h' not installed
To: Simon Burge <simonb@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Kilbinger <kilbi@rad.rwth-aachen.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/29/2000 10:34:05

    Simon> Markus Kilbinger wrote:
    >> my idea was to 'make build' only on one machine, but making
    >> 'make install et al.' on all machines: Saving disk space and
    >> compilation time. -> Would be a 'make includes && make install'
    >> sufficient for that?

    Simon> If that's the case, you may be better off to do a "make
    Simon> build" with DESTDIR set to some directory and then use that
    Simon> to build the releases sets and use those to upgrade the
    Simon> other machines. Sort of what we do for the normal release
    Simon> process :-)

that seems to be the most reasonable way for my plan, then. That
means:

I do a 'make DESTDIR=/usr/tmp/netbsd-build' for example and find all
the stuff, normally installed to '/' in '/usr/tmp/netbsd-build/?

But how to create the different distrib files (base.tgz etc.) out of
this build?

Is the 'xsrc' tree handled in the same way for build and creating the
distrib files?

Markus.