Subject: Re: 'readline.h' not installed
To: Simon Burge <simonb@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Kilbinger <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/29/2000 10:34:05

    Simon> Markus Kilbinger wrote:
    >> my idea was to 'make build' only on one machine, but making
    >> 'make install et al.' on all machines: Saving disk space and
    >> compilation time. -> Would be a 'make includes && make install'
    >> sufficient for that?

    Simon> If that's the case, you may be better off to do a "make
    Simon> build" with DESTDIR set to some directory and then use that
    Simon> to build the releases sets and use those to upgrade the
    Simon> other machines. Sort of what we do for the normal release
    Simon> process :-)

that seems to be the most reasonable way for my plan, then. That

I do a 'make DESTDIR=/usr/tmp/netbsd-build' for example and find all
the stuff, normally installed to '/' in '/usr/tmp/netbsd-build/?

But how to create the different distrib files (base.tgz etc.) out of
this build?

Is the 'xsrc' tree handled in the same way for build and creating the
distrib files?