Subject: Re: 'readline.h' not installed
To: None <kilbi@rad.rwth-aachen.de>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/29/2000 15:10:08
Markus Kilbinger wrote:

> my idea was to 'make build' only on one machine, but making 'make
> install et al.' on all machines: Saving disk space and compilation
> time. -> Would be a 'make includes && make install' sufficient for that?

If that's the case, you may be better off to do a "make build" with
DESTDIR set to some directory and then use that to build the releases
sets and use those to upgrade the other machines.  Sort of what we do
for the normal release process :-)

Another thing that comes to mind that "make includes install" wont do
is makeing sure all the directories exist.  Try "make -n build" inside
/usr/src to see all the steps that actually happen.

Simon.