Subject: Re: crypto-intl telnet build failure on pmax.
To: Assar Westerlund <>
From: Simon Burge <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/28/2000 16:05:13
Assar Westerlund wrote:

> Simon Burge <> writes:
> > Folks,
> >
> > I'm getting the following failure building the heimdal telnet client on a pmax:
> >
> > cc -o telnet [ ... ]
> > collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault], core dumped
> This seems bad?  ld isn't supposed to crash, is it?

No it's not :(  Missed that first time around with all the missing symbol

Anyways, it turns out that the problem was an old .depend file -
I'd only been building with "UPDATE=1".  It turns out that auth.o
and encrypt.o were being build from src/lib/libtelnet and not
Removing the old .depend file fixed things.

As to the ld(1) problem, I dunno.  Missing symbols aren't something to
dump core on...