Subject: Re: dialup server (pppd)
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Fong Siu Lung Gordon <ein@hkstar.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/22/2000 21:26:11
On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Chan Yiu Wah wrote:
>
> > LAN A (202.66.33.0) users can  access the ROUTER-A and ROUTER-B, but cannot
> > access the user in LAN-B (e.g. ping 202.66.50.105).  The vice versa as the
> > user in LAN B.
>
> I hate to say this, but now that you've gotten ppp to work, does the
> "unnumbered interface" thing work any better? That is, try now to use
> the ethernets ip addresses as the endpoints of the ppp link.

Sure.  I also feel confuse to use the "numbered interfaces".  My problem
is:-

1.  I setup a pppd server at LAN-A with routerA-ppp:routerB-ppp.
2.  pppd client of routerB at LAN-B recognised as routerB-ppp:routerA-ppp.
3.  Setup route add -net LAN-A-network routerA-ppp on routerB.
4.  Setup route add -net LAN-B-network routerB-ppp on routerA.
5.  I found out that users at LAN-A cannot communicate with users at LAN-B
    and vice versa.
6.  There are two applications. One is run under LAN-A and one is under
    LAN-B.
7.  Goal is that users at LAN-A can access the application on LAN-B and
    vice vers.

I hope it is clear now.  I am eager to work it out.  Can you help ?
Thanks.

Clarence