Subject: Re: Problems with my laptop (different ones now ;-)
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/22/2000 01:12:08
On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Brett Lymn wrote:
> 1) I _believe_ that this beast supports cardbus so I built a kernel
> with cardbus support in it and booted it up.  I get the following
> messages:
>
> cbb0 at pci0 dev 2 function 0: vendor 0x1179 product 0x0603 (rev. 0x04)
> cbb0: NOT USED because of unconfigured interrupt
> cbb1 at pci0 dev 2 function 1: vendor 0x1179 product 0x0603 (rev. 0x04)
> cbb1: NOT USED because of unconfigured interrupt

Try adding the following options to your kernel config: PCIBIOS,
PCIBIOS_INTR_FIXUP, and perhaps PCIBIOSVERBOSE to see what's going on.
My laptop needs the first two, otherwise I get the same error.

> 2) The specs say that the sound chipset on this machine is a ESS688

Dunno 'bout that one...
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 24 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++